Tuesday, April 6, 2010

"Three minutes of my life" Video Storyboard



Here is a storyboard for my non-linear "three minutes of my life" video. Basically, the video is meant to bring a scope to the viewer about my life as an artist, and my life as a human being in small pieces. In the beginning, a burning piece of paper will hold a quote that I have used many times in my life to sort out personal issues. The main body of the video will be recordings of me drawing a draft to a painting, and then executing the painting itself, all sped up. Short clips throughout the video and in between the speed painting and drawing will be ones showing my family and loved ones. They will be made to look shaky and ambiguous in order to make the viewer guess and wonder about the events within the short clips. A few songs in mind for this project are Meant to Die by The Used, Saline the Salt Lake Queen by Rasputina, Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes, and Mouths of Babes by the Smashing Pumpkins.

Specifically for this storyboard, many of the shots for the short clips will consist of short, medium, and long shots. The speed drawing will be filmed with a close up shot and the speed painting will be filmed with a medium shot. Frames 2 and 6 show graphic relationships, as do frames 4 and 7. Frames 3, 5, and 8 display a rhythmic relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment